We enjoy committing to and transmitting our philosophy with The Global Compact, a worldwide treaty by which we commit voluntarily to align our operations and strategies in four subject areas: Human Rights, Labor, Environment and Anti-corruption.
This compact, with which we feel deeply involved, is based on 10 very distinct principles:
- Principle 1: We support and respect the universally recognized fundamental human rights within our scope of influence.
- Principle 2: We make sure that we are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: We uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- Principle 4: We uphold the elimination of all forms of forced on compulsory labor.
- Principle 5: We uphold the effective abolition of child labor.
- Principle 6: We uphold the elimination of discrimination with respect to employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: We support our precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
- Principle 8: We undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
- Principle 9: We encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: We work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
You can view our report at The Global Compact website: www.unglobalcompact.org/NextelSA